Monday, April 27, 2009

Bloggers Roundtable: COL Paul Somersall

Afghan&Military Blog
December 3, 2008 7:41 am

Bloggers Roundtable: COL Paul Somersall



If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Thanks for visiting!

I was able to participate in the latest Blogger’s Roundtable with COL Paul Somersall from Afghanistan. I first met COL Somersall in October 2007 as I was at the 27th BCTs Annual Training as they were getting ready for their deployment. I only got to spend a short amount of time with him, mostly giving a class on real life lessons as an ETT, but he and I also were able to spend a few one on one moments together talking about what to be prepared for going into Afghanistan. I have been eagerly waiting on this Roundtable and was glad to finally see it happen.

I have a lot of respect for COL Somersall and I think if you read his bio here, http://www.defenselink.mil/DODCMSShare/BloggerAssets/2008-12/12020811205420081202_ColSomersall_bio.pdf or get a chance to listen to the audio file from the interview here, http://www.defenselink.mil/DODCMSShare/BloggerAssets/2008-12/12020811205420081202_ColSomersall_audio.mp3 you will see why.

Andrew, Chuck and I all posed great questions to COL Somersall and due to his thorough and articulate answers and his ability to stay on the line with us, this particular roundtable lasted about 45 minutes. The questions ranged from ANA logistics to CERP funded projects to the effectiveness of M16s in the hands of Afghan soldiers. This was truly one of the best roundtables I have participated in, mostly becuase of COL Somersall being prepared and more than ready to provide very detailed answers to our questions.

NOTE- If you connect to Bouhammer Blog for podcasts, the audio file will automatically download to your podcast directory in iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers