Monday, May 25, 2009

A Site To Visit and Remember

Afghan&Military Blog
May 25, 2009 5:19 pm

A Site To Visit and Remember



If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Thanks for visiting!

As the Memorial Day weekend draws to a close I must admit that holidays designated to honor our past and present service members weigh very heavily on me.  From a young age I always had respect for these holidays but since becoming a combat veteran, they carry even more of a significance.  Most of the readers on this blog site appreciate what our service members do but sadly the average American doesn’t.

The link below will take you to an online memorial that was set up to honor SGM Jeff McLochlin.  “Big Mac” was killed on 05 July 2006 while on a combat patrol along the mountainous border of Afghanistan and Pakistan.  He was my NCO ETT partner at FOB Tillman and a great man.  I think of him daily and hope you all can take a few minutes to visit the site that honors this fallen warrior.  Please recall that some gave all.

Live free or die trying!

 

http://jeff-mclochlin.memory-of.com/About.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers